If you like special foods but must eat “heart healthy.” what better breakfast would you need?
QUAKER OATS MASALA BUTTERMILK
Makes 3 glasses
You will need
• ½ cup instant Quaker Oats
• ¾ cup hot water
• ½ cup low fat Yogurt/Curd
• 1 cup ice cold water
• ½ inch piece ginger
• ¼ cup mint leaves
• ¼ tsp jeera powder (cumin)
• ½ tsp sugar (optional)
• Black salt & green chilies to taste
1. Dry roast Quaker Oats for 4-5 minutes. Cool and grind.
2. Soak Quaker Oats in ¾ cup hot water for 2-3 minutes.
3. Blend mint leaves, chilies, ginger and soaked Quaker oats until smooth.
4. Add Yoghurt, spices and 1 cup ice-cold water. Blend for 30 seconds. Garnish with mint leaves.
1. Soak instant Quaker Oats in hot water for 2-3 mins.
2. Put the mint leaves, chilies, ginger & soaked oats in a blender & blend till smooth.
3. Mix in the yoghurt, cold water & spices. Blend for another 30 secs.
4. Garnish with spring of mint & serve.
QUAKER OATS SWEET LASSI
You will need
• 15g dry roasted Quaker Oats ground into powder
• 100g low fat curd
• ½ cup Water
• 1 tsp Sugar
1. Blend curd, Quaker oats, sugar and water in a blender.
2. Add remaining water and crushed ice cubes and blend well.
3. Pour in a tall glass and serve chilled.
4. (For salted lassi, instead of sugar, add salt to taste and zeera (cumin) powder (1/8 tsp) with a few mint leaves to garnish.)